Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fifty sense...no really!

Hello again,
The only real important thing to report is that I turned 50 about three weeks ago. After building up an existential froth about my impending half century, the day more or less came and went. I spent it quietly with my spouse, daughter and my kid sister visiting from Nigeria. We went to dinner and saw the Lion King on Broadway. OK, truthfully, turning fifty has made me more in tune with my mortality, I have silently congratulated myself for surviving this first fifty and I am looking forward to the next as it were. I am sure that as more fully embrace this new, no, this renewed sense of being, I will have more to say. But one thing that has become clearer to me is the fact that, that all things considered... this first fifty has been a fair shot at life. And for this I am profoundly grateful.

No comments: